Sunday, December 6, 2009

House of Nimrod EP (1967-68)


Coming out of Auckland, New Zealand, House of Nimrod were Bryce Petersen, Johnny Breslin, Billy Lawton, Tony Pilcher, and Larry Latimer. All songs, from what I gather, were written by Petersen, a children's songwriter. That's about all I know. This EP gathers all four songs recorded under the House of Nimrod moniker and they're good as hell. Some serious phasing used, to great effect I might add, on "Slightly Delic". All four songs are concise nuggets of psych-pop.
I think you'll like it.

Tracklist
1. Slightly Delic
2. Reflections of Our Time
3. Psychothartic
4. Ragged Patch

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I about the post should have more info then it has.

Israel Rubio Montiel said...

great!! gracias

inst said...

The guitarist Tony Pilcher passed away suddenly on January of 2011. Tony gave up performing music which was his main love in life to raise me as a single parent. He will be dearly missed by all who were fortunate enough to know him.

He didn't have a copy of this EP in his own collection so I thank you for the chance to hear it

sonya watts said...

Bryce Peterson is my father- i understand he passed away a while back- I never really knew him as a father- I was adopted at birth. Get in touch.

amy lawton said...

Bill Lawton is my father. I grew up listening to this music. xx

Amy Lawton said...

dad has a few photos and the singles still i think.

price per head said...

It was nice visiting your blog. There are some interesting and useful things have been shared her

savageYHS said...

*REALLY COOL* - THANKS A LOT!! CHEERS! ^_^